Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Life of Pi

Yann Martel that story of yours "Life of PI" it was simply astounding. I really dont know how to explain it.

Truth to say till the second part of the book I didnt understand why this story was given the booker prize. But after completing this book it seems that it was too small a recognition for such a work, not in anyway demeaning for the Booker Prize. The whole story just touched my mind is certain ways which I cant start to explain. My command of this language does not allow me to express the full range of the feeling when I completed the book. There was a level of satisfaction unparalleled.

When I started reading this book it didnt seem that interesting. Usually I devour books within hours. But I didnt read this book in one go. It didnt seem that interesting. At best it was only richard parker that interested me. But at the end It simply was a revelation of how a story can be. To spin from ones imagination a storey of this depth and character is simply great. I have nothing more to add.

2 Comments:

Blogger -Poison- said...

i need tht book..plz giv it to duttan/auster asap :)

6:01 PM  
Blogger aravind said...

Oho It aint with me anymore. It was not mine. :(

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home