Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Nietzsche

"After all, God was one of our more benign errors. We can only speculate as to how comforting the idea of Him can have been for childlike monotheistic savages-people who needed the preternatural apparition of some old patriarch, stroking his long, grey beard somewhere up in the stratosphere, in order to drift out into exhausted hibernation: who needed someone who added purpose to life, encrypting an original guilt trip upon an organism coming into being by projecting its utter self-loathing back at itself from a geographically infinite, ethereal domain beyond the earth."
Well i dont completely agree with this but still I thought I should write this. Really powerful.

3 Comments:

Blogger kickassso said...

Most people Need a direction in life..!Without that most are simply lost . I think that image was created to push those bromidic idiots onto some goal :-p

11:30 PM  
Blogger Erosimian said...

very powerful writing Nietzsche's is.

good thing i didnt accept to read it when u offered it to me. Or I would have been "converted" too :-)

Of course, the above statement does not in any way undermine you or the German author.

5:03 PM  
Blogger aravind said...

Well Two things I have to say here.
Firstly I really dont care about what others think. That is I really dont care if your convert or not. That is your problem.
Secondly I think it is highly debatable that you really need a direction. It is all about your mental makeup. If your mental make up is appropriate enough then You dont need directions like this.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home