Monday, April 18, 2005

Dilemmaz.

Or is there a m less. hmm. Thats the question do we need more m's or less. What this is not my style of writing. What am i doing. I cant even say "Oh god", I am supposed to be an atheist.
Fun apart. There is a popular misconception that athiest are people who hate god, are followers of satan, have a bloated ego. And some of these so called atheist have not helped to change those misconceptions. The facts are bare we are human nothing more nothing less. And for an atheist it is not the hatred or any such anti feeling towards divinity that makes them so. It is just the fact that the so called "God" is not an entity in the system. Ofcourse some of the atheists are what you would call rationalists. That is they seem to try to rationalise anything and everything.
I believe that everyone should try to rationalise as much as possible. Then your views become a lot more clearer and you will know more about yourself. Its usually the fear that you would be found wanting that drives people not to be self critical. For them it is essential that they feel that they are an essential part of a system. These systems may vary from, family, social, political, religious etc. I dont want anyone whose reading this to change there mind about divinity just because I am blabbering. If you want to change it must be because you wanna and not because i want it to happen. I do believe that the structure of religion has played a very vital role in our social systems.
For me I am more contended being this atheist. I know where I stand. I dont need to measure up to anything or everything. Furthermore the life becomes more easier atleast one worry less for me. Not that I worry about anything. All comments are welcome.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude...i am no atheist. i was one once and i think i know whatcha mean

10:45 PM  
Blogger aravind said...

Maybe you were maybe not. For an atheist as I understand it is the self belief that I can live in this world. And I agree that it is easier said than done. We all want to believe in something when the chips are down. And I can understand it better than most. I rather say I am proud for you in the sense that you are ready to own it up.
Maybe I will embrace god one day when i am long dead. But I know that I too am suceptible to change. But that doesnot mean i will not have a system of belief which i think is closer to facts.
For me there are no truths. There are only facts. This might have made a good post in itself.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home