Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A thought.

Its difficult for me to usually blog about myself, because whenever I try to write about myself or incidents I have gone through, I face a blank. I wouldnt know what to write about.

For me the below post was possible because they left vivid images in my mind. I could try to write about those images and thats what I have done.

Now on something entirely different. So many of my friends have asked me several times whats the use of being philosophical, isnt it better to be practical. I have usually answered it to the best of abilities. But Yesterday I came across some words by Russell. Its simple yet eloquent on this topic.

"Uncertainity, in the presence of vivid hopes and fears, is painful, but must be endured if we wish to live without comforting fairy tales. It is not good either to forget the questions that philosophy asks, or to persuade ourselves that we have found indubitable answers to them. To teach how to live without certainity, and yet without being paralyzed by hesitation, is perhaps the chief thing that philosophy, in our age, can still do for those who study it."

As far as I understand its a process which teaches you how to think better. For those who ask why should I think ? Presently I have no answer. It might be because of my arrogance or my ignorance, I feel they dont merit an answer.

If I learn that there could be a case that thinking isnt beneficial then I will surely think about it.

Some times I detest myself for my hugely superior feeling to fellow humans. I dont know why I feel superior, But sometimes I do. I am not better than them in anything I know. But It might have something to do with the fact that I cant accept I am yet another human. I want to engrave in my mind that I am UNIQUE.

All this blogging and all my pursuits might be part of that urge. Or it might be part of my urge to reach out to my fellow being so that I can know better. Which I dont exactly know.

Yesterday was a painful day, But it was yesterday. Yesterdays are long forgotten. Today this instant is the time in which I live. I dwelve on the future, hoping that it would be marvellous, not just better.

Blogging about my thoughts thats what I do. Blogging about my emotions, is extremely difficult to me, as it is I am usually contemplative while I write a blog. Blogging about my experiences, I usually miss out on the emotions which I underwent, which is what usually makes a blog interesting. Still I type out these nearly incoherent stream of words as a way to reach myself from my past when I am in future.

2 Comments:

Blogger -Poison- said...

russels words ring true...

2:43 PM  
Blogger aravind said...

I thought so

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home