Monday, January 30, 2006

Music

This Is a post about my musical inclinations.
I am not exactly an avid music lover. I like the instrumentals more than the lyrics.

I like Carnatic, Hindustani Classicals. Brought up on songs by yesudas its no big deal that I like carnatic. I usually dont remember the name of the song. I just hear them.

Among Indian Music directors ofcourse Rahman is the best bet for a good tune :D.

I love drums. So Its only natural that I like those tabalas , mridangams and Chendas.
I love flute too. Its music is usually so hauntingly beautiful, ofcourse if played by a maestro.
Violin I love only the performance of "Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan". He is a true maestro unparalleled.

Then comes the fusion scene, NO I dont know even one of their names. Its about the cross between those guitars and tablas which sounds so so nice.

After this I think its about Micheal Jackson. yeah I do love most of his songs. I love the beats with which he makes them.

Then comes ROCK :D Yeah yeah I am a big fan of rock. I dont like pop much. And dont tell me Linkin Park is rock.
The no of bands I like are few. But it does include a nice collection.

Pink Floyd.
Ozzy .
Metallica.
Rammstein.

I like creed also to an extent.

anyway some other rock bands are also ok by me.

To an extent I like techno and trance. Pink Floyd and Ozzy are cool. I lik'em But metallica and Rammstein seems to be the two which really drives me :D.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Metallica rules...:-)
Rammstein...i don't listen much...I guess I am a lyric driven person and I don't know german :-D
Floyd bores me...I don't know y!
Its the older bands for me...Led Zep, AC/DC, etc and some pop won't hurt...much :-P

Carnatic Classical is something I like a lot...but hindustani I havent heard much...and Yesudas always rules!

2:11 AM  
Blogger Erosimian said...

try Disturbed, Slipknot, Drowning pool, papa roach, marylin manson da..

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

leaving all other stuff aside.....u mentioned drums n chendas n stuff....have u heard the "panchari melam's".......its the ultimate!! the rhythm n beats actually give u a high....again u have to hear a good set of players for tat to happen...but trust me its wonderful!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger aravind said...

@rockus; :D
Metallica does rule, all said and done it was the first Heavy Metal band I have liked and there tunes where rather good. But then I love pink floyd for their guitar. And rammstein has the best Base guitar. Its really something.

@Duttan Disturbed is ok. I didnt like marlyn manson much will check out others. :)

@ Divs. Well I do have a CD of Chenda melam Performance. Only prob is I dont know much of the names.:(
Most probably It might be in there.As percussion instruments Chendas are really unique. Meaning the texture of its sound is extremely rich.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home