Saturday, February 25, 2006

Long time

It has been a long time since I posted, or atleast I feel it so. Had done quite a few things in between. I have just read the book Five point Someone. JUST and Now I cant remember much of it. Meaning it was a superb page turner and was engrossing.

It's supposed to give you an insight into the workings of the IIT's and the students. The questions this raise for the academic community is extremely valid. Oh but whos academic?

Usually engg students can easily identify with the protagonists esp those like me with supplies etc who will only try to have a good time at that. Portrayal of an engineers life in college is almost apt.

I do have a Nine Pointer as a close friend of mine( Did His grade drop to the high 8 or what). Anyway He doesnt exactly act out like whats typically shown here.

This friend of mine is doing Dual Degree in an IIT, What he does is in his third year "just for the fun of it" his exact words goes and writes the GATE exam for mechanical Engg. Mind You he is a Dual Degree wala that is He has to do an Mtech and Gate Is primarly for that.

And.. He gets the first. Yep First in Gate. I really sympathise the guy who got second. If he ever gets to know this then He might become even Desp.

As for a story for someone outside this whole system, they wont be able to identify with the story as much.

But think about it.. a guy from IIT graduates, Gets into IIM-A and then ...
He writes stories. Well how about that :D. I find it funny. Really funny. The humour in the book is not through the conversations at all, its just through the Situations.

There has been another book I was trying read over an year. It was a collection of passages by Neitzsche. Meaning Everytime I manage to read till the half the book then I give it up. Anyway each time I read it makes me think. Its wonderfully engrossing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erosimian said...

nice review.

yeah. its easily true that all nine pointers aint like the ones depicted in the book.

5:23 PM  
Blogger aravind said...

hehe Well those guys does act weird. It might be funny that Its coming from me :D

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home