Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Pink Floyd!

Many have spoken written and expressed their awe of this band. I have only lately started to hear their albums, Still am not exactly dont know all their songs. As far as I am concerned, music was never an integral part of my life. Sad to say maybe, but then those time I was using up for other activities. Which usually sufficed to keep me busy.
Only after 2nd year engineering did I start even to follow music moderately.

Pink floyd gets into your head. Its like on of those memes..You cant easily get it outta your mind once it gets in. And you wouldnt want it either. For me pink floyd is quite like the rhythm of the sea waves breaking on the shore. There always seems to be a kinda weird rhythm which you just cant pick out. This kinda music is something you need to soak in to experience.

It clears your mind of all the previous thoughts. As some might put it its a good mind drug!. The best example of the above case is their "Echoes". Simply superb. The subtelity lies in the fact that. Sometimes its their lyrics which seems to imparting the above said rhythm where as sometimes its their instrumentals. So its like a myriad beautiful tunes playing togethor synchronised into something transcends whats usually called music.

4 Comments:

Blogger kickassso said...

like they say in 5.some1... floyd sounds good with grass n vodka;) but you wouldnt need that :D

Personally, i do like SOME floy'd songs, like the wall, and some from the dark side of the moon, but the songs you make me listen to sound so off key, i suspect they like they were being played by a broken record player

2:32 PM  
Blogger aravind said...

=)) er thats exactly what fascinates me.!

9:44 PM  
Blogger ~ sAn ~ said...

Ahaa! A pink floyd fan?
Started listening to theirs v recently, I liked most of the tracks from the Dark Side of the Moon. Will see their other albums

8:33 PM  
Blogger cbro said...

you've got to listen to Meddle. Probably my fav by Floyd. Also Syd Barret just died. He was an orginal.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home